All hazardous materials pose a risk to people and the environment if spilled. Diesel fuels and other petroleum-based materials are particularly dangerous and, since they are among the most widely transported hazardous materials, special attention ought to be given to their treatment. Today we’re going to take a look at what makes diesel fuel so dangerous, and how AEG Environmental can manage and contain spills safely.
Diesel Fuel is a Product of Petroleum
As mentioned before, diesel fuel is among the most widely transported hazardous materials, so they are particularly at risk for accidents and spills. Diesel is a petroleum product, which is toxic. When a petroleum product is spilled in an accident, a few risks are present.
- Diesel fuel and other petroleum products are slippery and can create traffic problems on the roads around the spill.
- Being comprised of mixtures of toxic chemicals, the different kinds of petroleum pose health risks if they mix with ground water. The mixture can percolate through groundwater and contaminate drinking water from wells.
- If the spill reaches surface water through a storm sewer, petroleum products can kill aquatic wildlife.
- Diesel fuel and gasoline are highly flammable and pose a serious fire hazard if not contained.
- Petroleum products can negatively impact a waste water treatment plant’s ability to treat sewage.
AEG Environmental is There for Diesel Fuel Accidents
When a diesel fuel accident happens, you need a spill response team that acts decisively and contains the spill effectively to minimize the impact on the environment. When AEG Environmental is dispatched to the scene of a diesel fuel accident, we will work quickly to stop the spill. We will contain and recover the waste, and then dispose of the waste in an environmentally responsible way.
When you work with AEG Environmental, you ensure that your company is taking the right step to following best practices and demonstrating your commitment to the environment.
Diesel fuel spill? Don’t wait. Contact us today!
No matter what kind of environmental issue you may have, AEG Environmental can help. We handle every situation with care, dedication, and a commitment to exemplary customer service. When you have an emergency, you can rely on us! Need training? We can handle that too! We train in a wide variety of environmental management areas so that your company can remain compliant with EPA, DOT, and OSHA. Make sure to check out our blog for the latest and greatest in the waste management world! You should also follow us on social media for updates.
Contact us today!
Call Toll-Free: 18778761100
24 HR EMERGENCY RESPONSE: 4104947587