There are all kinds of batteries that industries use, and when it’s time to dispose of them, you need to do so in as safe a manner as you can. Part of proper battery disposal involves using the proper battery terminals, but how can you be sure which terminal you should be using? Keep reading to learn about different battery terminals you could be using.
Considerations When Picking a Terminal
There are all kinds of battery terminals, but the one you should use will depend on a few things. Here are some considerations to make when selecting a battery terminal.
- Barrel Style: The style of barrel you use will depend on your system’s overall design. This includes whether it’s a straight terminal, or if there are bends.
- How Easily Can It Be Used: Try to pick a battery terminal that’s easy to use. Brass and lead terminals are great for this purpose.
- Convenience: The battery terminal you choose shouldn’t be a chore to operate.
- Performance: At the end of the day, how the battery terminal performs will always be a decisive factor. You want to choose one that has a strong connection while minimizing corrosion risks between cable strands.
Reviewing Different Types of Battery Terminals
- Copper: Has high conductivity. Popular for use on different vehicles, like cars and motorcycles.
- Brass: Has low resistance and low corrosion properties.
- Lead: Constructed by using lead alloys, which help build hardness and strength.
- Anti-rotational in-line: Made from copper alloys, and are commonly used for small and medium duty usage.
Given that there are many different types of terminals you could select, making a decision can seem overwhelming. To help with the decision, just remember what kinds of batteries you’re handling, and keep your application setup in mind. If you still need advice after that, you can consider consulting professionals with experience in electronic waste disposal. With help from professionals, they’ll help get you set up with the battery terminal that’s best for your needs.
Call AEG Environmental for Hazardous Waste Management Services!
AEG Environmental has the skills, resources, and training to solve any environmental issue you may face. Our team has over 20 years of experience transporting and disposing of non-hazardous, hazardous, infectious, and universal wastes. We welcome projects big and small and pride ourselves in our exceptional customer service. For more info about our hazardous waste disposal and transport services, please contact us today!